In this article, we will discuss how to fix the Tesla app not working problem. If you are also using the Tesla app then you must have faced the problems of loading errors, black screen, and server down. Before solving the problem, we need to know what the Tesla app is and how to use it. After that, we will know its problem and find its solution so that the app runs easily. If still your problem is not resolved then you can share it in the comment section so that we can find a solution to your problems.
Table of Contents
What is the Tesla app?
The Tesla app puts owners in direct communication with their vehicles and Power walls anytime, anywhere. With this app, you can:
– Check to charge progress in real-time and start or stop charging
– Heat or cool your car before driving – even if it’s in a garage
– Lock or unlock from afar
– Locate your vehicle with directions or track its movement
– Send an address from your favorite apps to start navigation in your car
– Allow your passengers to quickly control media
– Flashlights or honk the horn to find your vehicle when parked
– Vent or close the panoramic roof
– Summon your vehicle out of your garage or tight parking space (for vehicles with Autopilot)
– Update your vehicle software from wherever you are
– Engage with Power wall: monitor how much energy is stored from solar, used by your home, or exported to the grid
– Download your solar production and battery usage data.
What are the reasons for the Tesla app not working?
- Mostly it’s just a temporary loading problem. This is often caused by having too many applications open, due to which the app does not work properly.
- The server of the Tesla app may be down due to which the functions of the app will not work and there will be no notification will be received.
- As you already know Tesla app is an online mobile app that requires high internet speed, if you are facing a connection error or server error then your internet speed might be very slow.
- If your app is outdated then it needs to be updated so that you can get new features. Due to not updating the app, it does not open and a black screen appears.
- Sometimes many users use the app at the same time due to which the server gets down. The app will get stuck in the middle and a loading problem will occur.
- If you have an installation problem then your device has not enough space and verify the app which you have installed will support your iOS version.
- If you try to log in multiple times or have an account issue, your account may be banned so you will not be able to use that account again.
How to fix the Tesla app not working problem?
There are a few possible reasons why the Tesla app might not be working. Thankfully, most of the time, you can fix this relatively quickly. If the app keeps crashing, you will not be able to run the app, or experience any other issues, follow the tips below to get the app back up and running again.
1- Restart your phone.
If the Tesla app is not working on Android then it is recommended to restart your phone. Presumably, the problem is caused by a bug hanging somewhere in the system. If so, you are lucky. Just restart your phone by any means and continue using the app. These are some steps that you need to follow to restart the phone.
– Press and hold the side button.
– Until the restart option will prompt.
– Now click on the restart and wait for a while.
– After opening the phone.
– Launch the Tesla app.
2- Check your phone storage.
If you are running on low storage then this can affect your apps too. On average, you should make sure that your phone has up to 500MB or 1GB of free storage space. If your phone does not have storage then the Tesla app will not be installed or updated. Always clean the storage and uninstall the unnecessary apps that you do not use.
– Simply go to Settings
– Search for the Storage
– Internal Storage to view your storage usage.
– Delete unnecessary apps and data.
3- Clear cache and unwanted data.
Sometimes the app stores unwanted data and cache, due to which there is a loading error will occur. You have to clear the unwanted data and cache of the app so that the app runs smoothly and there is no loading problem, or black screen while using the app.
– Open the Settings on your phone, then click on Apps & notifications.
– Click on App info or other options to view all apps. Now find and open Tesla app from there.
– Select Storage & cache. You’ll find the options to clear the cache and data for the Tesla app. Tap on Clear cache to erase the cached data for the app.
– Now tap the back button and launch the application.
4- The app server is down.
It is not necessary that there will always be bugs and network errors, sometimes the app may be down. First, go ahead and test any other app that uses the internet and see if it’s operating accordingly. Similarly, you can open the browser and try to launch any website.
If every other service is working correctly, you can double-check if the Tesla app is down by using Down Detector, a site that tracks all kinds of services and tells you whether they are down or not. Just go to Down Detector’s Tesla app page, and the site will tell you whether the Tesla app is having issues or not.
5- Check the network.
If your app is not working properly even after restarting the phone then you may have a network problem. Before using the app, you have to check the internet speed so that the app can run smoothly.
If you use Wi-Fi, then always keep the device near the router so that the internet speed can be fast.
If you are using multiple apps at the same time then remove all of them from the recent tap and use only Tesla app.
6- Check for updates.
If you are using an outdated version of the Tesla app then some features of the app will stop working and a loading error will occur. You will need to update the Tesla app, these are some steps that you have to follow for fixing the problems.
– Open the play store app and search for the Tesla app.
– Now select the Tesla app.
– On the next page you have to click on the update option (If the update option will not available on your overview page then it means your app doesn’t require any update)
– It takes a few minutes to complete the updating process.
– Once your app gets updated launch the Tesla app.
7- Notification is not being received.
First check that you have not muted the notifications by mistake, due to which you do not get any updates. Otherwise, these are some steps which you have to be followed-
– Press the app until app info will appear.
– Open app info and select manage notification.
– Check whether notification is enabled or not.
– Otherwise, enable it and launch the Tesla app.
8- Factory reset.
This is the last option, if you have reached here, it means that the above solutions did not help you. Now go to your phone’s settings.
-Go to the general option.
-Select the reset option.
-Now click on erase all contents and settings.
-Then click on the erase now option.
-After all these processes install and use the Tesla app again.